Sunday, November 7, 2010

Section 3 Response

I loved this section on "Story" especially. I was thinking of the way stories have become more and more a part of my days at school. The lessons that I have attached personal stories to have become class favorites and the ones students have no trouble remembering. Story is a huge part of my life both personally and professionally, and I appreciated the insight Pink offers into telling stories. It sort of gave me permission to continue to make stories a part of my days at school. Students come back many years after I had them in class and bring up those stories to me along with the stories that are created during our years together. This section is a new favorite of mine in Pink's book.

1 comment:

  1. I have found that my students really enjoy hearing stories about my children (almost as much as I love talking about my kids) - and I don't think it is just because I have migrated off the topic. They seem to connect with the content even more once they understand how it fits together.

    I also found this to be true with a book I am currently reading. I found myself zoning out when there was more "clinical" writing compared to when the author had incorporated a story to explain a particular case study. It was fascinating to observe that even in myself.

    ReplyDelete