Friday, November 19, 2010

Comments On Symphony and Empathy

When reading the part on Symphony I thought of the differences in our family. My husband is very task oriented and sees details. When watching a movie, he will notice the smallest details that I never caught.

It kind of reminded me a little of seeing in black and white or in gray. Those of us that see gray areas are looking at the whole picture and not just items. I was intrigued with the many ways that we can enhance symphony.
I liked when the author said that leadership is about empathy. It is about having the ability to relate and to connect with people for the purpose of inspiring and empowering their lives. When you look at great leaders around you, they do more than come up with good ideas. They inspire you and make you feel a connection to the purpose or ideas.
I know that we all tend to lean towards left or right thinking, but I think it is really important to try and be more balanced. I agree with the super summarizer that creative things tend to take time. I used to feel more creative than I do now, and I really think that in our fast paced world we have to decide to slow down. that is really hard for some people, especially those that think they need to be finishing tasks or accomplishing things. The best thing this book is doing for me is showing me that I need to slow down and look at more of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment