Sunday, November 7, 2010

Section 2 Response

This section of the book had some appeal to me as I was reading about the CHAD school. I was thinking of how much I would have enjoyed such an experience for my own education. I completely agree with much of what Pink has to say here as he shares the importance of design in our lives. I would love to give my own elementary school I work in each day an overhaul. I, too, think that the design and beauty surrounding us as we learn and work and play is vital to our outlook being positive.
I was reminded of how different things are today with the focus on design compared to my grandparents' generation when everything was about utility. I was thinking how my grandma would laugh at some of the things we spend our time on today, but how I have come to find the beauty and aesthetic value of things to be important as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment