Saturday, October 30, 2010

Section 1 Response

Sharla,
As I was reading your summary I was focused on the first section number 4: The left hemisphere analyzes the details, the right hemisphere synthesizes the big picture. I wish my left would help out my right a little bit!
Chapter 2
We sure need to pass alot of tests to be able to get to where we are. So it seems that India has many more "smart" people in their country....pretty soon is there going to be anyone working in the United States? Or will India be running our country? What do we need to do to produce that many "smart" people?
Chapter 3
Japan has focus so much on academics and now says thats an outdated approach. They are trying to foster more creativity, artistry, and play. I don't think we will ever see such a thing on our National Standards that are soon to be!

1 comment:

  1. Holly,
    Thanks for your thoughts and comments. I, too, was wondering about why there seem to be so many more "smart" people in India. It seems that the issue is maybe more in the area of money than intelligence in comparing standards of living, etc. Sure is interesting to think about!
    Sharla

    ReplyDelete